Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brewing stuff today.

Today we are brewing some new stuff. The initial idea was to finally pump out some of the Gavinator, but with us both being too poor to afford the supplies a full batch of that dog-gone brew plans have changed. After kicking around the kitchen and a short stop over at Jones Bee and The Beer Nut, I am heating up water for the revamped version of "Your Peach Braggot Is In Another Castle".

This time around I am making the malt a little darker and more complex as well as using a higher quality honey. The honey is a combination of a single hive honey from Park City and an Orange Blossom honey. I'm also hitting this batch with a bit more hops with a longer boil. It should mitigate some of the extra sweetness the last one had, and give it a bit more flavor. I am also not sure if I am going to go with pure peaches this time, as they are WAY out of season. That I'll figure out once I toss it into secondary fermentation.

---Ricky Hansing

No comments:

Post a Comment